Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Omega 3

(6 Posts)
LovelyBath Sun 29-Nov-15 16:36:55

Does anyone take Omega 3 oils for mental health? Did it help at all?

scortja Tue 01-Dec-15 15:47:12

Hi Lovely
I am trying at the moment (have been taking high dose for about three months) and things seem better but I am going to wait and see if it's just the placebo affect.. I have been on and off ADs for 20 years and would usually be back on by this time (break of nearly two years) so I am feeling positive..
Have you tried?

nannybea Tue 01-Dec-15 16:25:01

I takes udos oil with 3,6 and 9 to try and have a good amount but have only just started. Interesting to a see what others say also.

IMNOTYOURBABES Wed 02-Dec-15 22:23:34

I started taking Omega 3 a couple of weeks ago & have really noticed a difference. It might be worth reading 'The Mood Cure' by Julia Ross - it was recommended by a mumsnetter (I can't remember who, but I am eternally grateful flowers)

LovelyBath Wed 09-Dec-15 21:31:24

I have been taking some for a few months, and feel a bit better but am on anti-ds too. it's meant to be good for your heart too, so thought might be a good idea generally.

LovelyBath Wed 09-Dec-15 21:31:47

Will look into the Mood Cure

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now