Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I wanted to share a link with you . It could be triggering but its a staggering piece of writing. [Suicide trigger warning added by MNHQ]

(9 Posts)
TheoriginalLEM Thu 26-Nov-15 08:23:30

poem it totally sums up everything i want to say to someone who thinks they are at the end

cymrukernow Thu 26-Nov-15 22:55:43

Wow Theo that's a very powerful piece of writing. Dark, sad but also shows perspective. Thanks for sharing.

LegArmpits Thu 26-Nov-15 22:58:55

Thank you for sharing.

TheoriginalLEM Thu 26-Nov-15 23:02:06

They are not my words. But it rang so true. Things can get better for folk - even when someone makes you a really nice cup of tea. A rare pleasure as im fussy but it is a pleasure. little things.

NanaNina Fri 27-Nov-15 14:12:45

Hmm - the thing about "suicide being a permanent solution to a temporary problem" - sometimes depression isn't a temporary problem and maybe other MH issues aren't temporary either.

TheoriginalLEM Fri 27-Nov-15 14:23:22

That is a very fair point Nana (how are you by the way) but for many - this is definately the case and mental health issues are pretty much a "not just for christmas/crisis" thing. However i know of a handful of suicides who took thier lives due to their situation and its heartbreaking to know that a year down the line, what they were so heartbroken about wouldnt have mattered. Am going to pm you about something.

TheoriginalLEM Fri 27-Nov-15 14:28:38

bugger, just typed out a fecking essay and lost it - have to rush out now, will try later x

earlgreycat Sat 28-Nov-15 22:40:49

I've survived a suicide attempt. It frustrates me when people imply that things magically change as a result. Sometimes they don't.

Chocqueen99 Sun 20-Dec-15 22:01:25

My mum committed suicide I do think if she cud see us now she would think 'what the fuck have I done ' but life doesn't work like that does it... She obviously saw now other way out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now