Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Medication fog

(3 Posts)
Apanicaday Wed 25-Nov-15 14:50:52

Am on 40mg citalopram and 300mg of pregabalin per day in an attempt to control my severe health anxiety. Have been on the citalopram for about 8 months, and the pregabalin for 5. The anxiety does seem to be a bit more controlled, but I feel like I am living in a fog - my brain just feels dozy and slow. My memory (which used to be pretty good) is totally non-existant, and I'm finding it hard to concentrate on TV programmes as I can't stay focused for long enough. I also find following plots difficult, and reading books is really hard going.

I know the anxiety can have similar effects, but I've never had the fog this badly before and my anxiety is significantly lower than it was at its worst. Has anyone else experienced this? Will it improve? It's getting to the point where I'm feeling like I will have to lower my doses, and I'm scared about the effect on my anxiety if I do that.

Victrix Wed 25-Nov-15 15:00:52

I had that on Citalopram. I switched to sertraline in the end- now I'm just a bit misty instead of foggy!

ZebraLovesKnitting Sun 29-Nov-15 14:26:06

In contrast - I had that with Pregabalin! I was taking it for pain but it made me so dozy and foggy I wasn't safe to work (with scalpels etc!) I actually fell asleep at the side of a dissection bench once.

Could you try & lower slightly the dose of one of the meds for a week and see if it improves?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now