Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Care plan for mental health

(11 Posts)
LovelyBath Tue 24-Nov-15 19:25:44

Does anyone have a care plan and if so do you find it helpful?

CloakAndJagger Tue 24-Nov-15 21:09:45

Yes. No.
Short answer!

What it boils down to is that if I get ill, all that's available is more time with my care co, unless I get really ill, in which case I get the HTT.

It didn't really need that writing down.

aprilanne Tue 24-Nov-15 21:20:06

my hubbys care plan is i have to care for him when things get to suicidical point he goes into hospital for a few weeks .our services are not great for external care

LovelyBath77 Wed 25-Nov-15 10:45:29

Mine has got needs / risks etc, and how we will achieve these things. Mainly done with the care co-ordinator. Just wondered as found it kinda helpful especially when feeling overwhelmed

LovelyBath77 Wed 25-Nov-15 10:51:52

How does the care co-ordinator support you if they've not a plan of what to do?

unweavedrainbow Wed 25-Nov-15 22:04:46

Yes. My care plan is quite complicated as I have multiple complex diagnoses and another even more difficult one in the works (DID), a large number of people working with me (currently psychologist, cpn, and two different psychiatrists), a tricky physical disability with involvement from adult social care and a DH with his own MH problems who is also under a psychiatrist in the same CMHT but which, due to conflict of interest, can't be one of mine. My care plan just keeps everyone on the same page in terms of appointments, risks and medication. I think my team finds my care plan more helpful than I do!

CupofBoo Thu 26-Nov-15 00:16:57

Yes, and it's really more for my DH than me. I have bipolar disorder but am well most of the time and tend to slip quite gradually and it can be hard to notice til stuff gets bad. He finds it helpful to know what to look out for and who to call.

exWifebeginsat40 Thu 26-Nov-15 00:22:36

I have nothing. just a link worker at the GP surgery and she doesn't seem to like me. I feel invisible. I have BPD, severe depression and anxiety and I think PTSD. I had a horrific childhood and am suffering badly with flashbacks and dissociation. unfortunately, once you have a BPD diagnosis the help stops and any behaviour at all is attributed to it.

sorry to hijack but I'm really struggling and it just seems hopeless.

elementofsurprise Thu 26-Nov-15 02:11:38

heya exWife, just want to say I understand. I got lumbered with the diagnosis at 19 so its wrecked my life tbh. If I had the energy I could write a feminist essay on the subject... Come and join the Lost Souls Lounge if you like x

exWifebeginsat40 Thu 26-Nov-15 03:06:02

thank you element and yes I'm going to have to write about this one day. hope you're doing ok.

LovelyBath77 Thu 26-Nov-15 17:12:39

Yes I also have a physical health problem along with mental health so have this lengthy care plan which is mainly for my DH, the GP and the surgeons as well as the mental health team. It's tricky to share info with the NHS at times, so the GP has put the main info on the NHS 111 service too to make this easier.

I think it can be helpful if the MHT use the care plan programme, might just depend on what your local one uses perhaps?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now