Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I think my husband has psychosis

(4 Posts)
perfectlybroken Tue 24-Nov-15 10:54:56

And I've no idea what to do. He thinks he saw something that never happened, and my attempts to convince him otherwise seem to be adding to his distrust of me. He can't let it go. He has no diagnosis of any mental health problem but I think he has bpd. He does sometimes say and do bizarre things and is quite paranoid with others but he has never been like this with me before.

NanaNina Tue 24-Nov-15 14:46:53

If someone is psychotic there is no point in trying to convince them of the reality, because they are out of touch with reality and so believe in their delusions. When you say you think he has bpd do you mean bi polar or borderline personality disorder and why do you think this? I think he needs to be seen by a GP and I know that won't be easy but you might have to insist.

BoxofSnails Tue 24-Nov-15 18:31:50

Agree with Nananina you need to let the delusions go. How old is he? If he absolutely won't go to the doctor with you, you could go yourself and ask for some advice - while they won't break their confidentiality, they can support you in getting him some help. Does he work, have other family, friends - have they noticed a change in him? It sounds tough, sorry you are going thru this.

blytheandsebastian Tue 24-Nov-15 19:03:19

I agree with the posters above. It won't help for you to try to convince him of anything. He needs to see his GP asap. Horrible for you. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now