Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

coming off setter alone

(1 Post)
twiglet59 Sat 21-Nov-15 07:54:05

I have been on sertraline for 18 months now for anxiety. The initial bit was hard. As it seems to be that way for most people. Anyway about 3 months ago I went to my gp and told him I wanted to come off of them, he told me to reduce the dosage slowly. I was on 50mg a day. He said reduce to 25mg for a week then a week of 25 mg every other day. I felt fine. I thought this is great . I was starting to feel normal again, sleeping better as well., but too scared to come off all together. The last month my anxiety has come back feeling terrible again and queasiness. Yesterday I went to gp again and told him how I had been feeling and he prescribed me Prozac (fluoxetine). I took one last night and had a disturbed nights sleep. I really want to come off them all together but am scared. Wondered if anyone has positive experiences of coming off of them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now