Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Acceptance, diagnosis and medication.

(6 Posts)
Heaveniswaiting Mon 16-Nov-15 14:18:36

I'm really struggling to accept that I'm unwell. The more unwell I get, the more difficult it is to accept. I hate taking my medication and with that too, the more unwell I am the harder it is to take. My GP had a long chat with me today about accepting that I'm unwell. I've failed yet again to come off antipsychotics, will power is no good.
I have psychotic depression (and possibly bipolar) and take AD's and AP's.
It just sucks. I'm now on a higher dose than before.

Candlefairy101 Mon 16-Nov-15 18:04:51

I have bipolar aswell, and when I'm down and people mention that it's my mental health I hate it, because I don't want to have bipolar/ depression but actually I'm fighting it everyday.

I also take AD's and AP's but I'm alright at taking them, do you have a tablet phobia, my aunt and brother have it they can't even take paracetamol?

Heaveniswaiting Mon 16-Nov-15 18:38:46

Thanks for your reply. I don't have a tablet phobia but when I become unwell I think my medication does more harm than good. It stops me feeling anything, doing anything etc. Whereas my GP is adamant I feel like that because I've stopped my meds. It's a bit of a vicious cycle.

Candlefairy101 Mon 16-Nov-15 19:11:37

I complete understand what you mean, the dr have had to switch all my meds up to different times because my AP makes me tired and I was convicted tiredness was causing my depression, and now I've ask for my AD to be assessed because I swear I'm getting withdrawal symptoms in the evening, but dr confirmed that was the case because it was slow release.

Heaveniswaiting Mon 16-Nov-15 19:16:35

It's a frustrating thing with the meds isn't it. I found Quetiapine really sedating and it made me miserable how tired I was all the time. I'm on aripiprazole now which works better for me.

Heaveniswaiting Wed 18-Nov-15 16:33:11

I've taken a higher dose of antipsychotic and the last few days have been a bit easier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now