Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

alternative to Citalopram

(7 Posts)
cleowasmycat Mon 16-Nov-15 07:17:58

I'm pretty sure my 30mg of Citalopram keeps me reasonably sane but in the last year I have had two severe bouts of depression / anxiety meaning I've had to take time of work. I still feel unmotivated everyday and if I had the choice would just stay in bed. I'm constantly tired, am having counselling and have reduced my hours ( and now salary). I can't increase to 40mg as it make me a zombie. Is there an alternative?

cleowasmycat Mon 16-Nov-15 16:16:02

No one?

NotMeNotYouNotAnyone Mon 16-Nov-15 18:33:38

Go back to your gp, there are loads of alternatives out there

cleowasmycat Mon 16-Nov-15 19:51:37

Ive been to doc today as I've been useless today. Changing to Sertraline. No experience of these.

MirandaWest Mon 16-Nov-15 19:54:20

I've taken both sertraline and citalopram (at different times). sertraline was when I was at my complete lowest and it definitely worked. Both of them made me feel and be sick at first but it passed fairly quickly.

NotMeNotYouNotAnyone Mon 16-Nov-15 23:01:27

I've never had sertraline, I've had at various times citalopram, duloxetine, venlafaxine and mirtazapine. Please keep trying til you get one that works for you

cleowasmycat Mon 23-Nov-15 13:02:38

Day 2 of Sertraline and no unpleasant effects yet....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now