Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Would you please advise me on what to do?

(2 Posts)
AuntBess Thu 12-Nov-15 15:31:40

Hello, I'm posting here about this very sensitive subject because I can't handle myself anymore and I need some guidance.

About 4 years ago, I was really ill (mentally) for a good year, and then it vanished more or less. For that year, I was soul destroying suicidal. I never really gave the full picture to my psychiatrist and I was very good at composing myself for my meetings. Despite this, and despite her not even thinking things were as bad as they actually were, she was adamant that I should go to the mental health unit and stay there until they could give me a 'better diagnosis due to being out of the community and under watch 24/7'.

I decided to go along with it and went. How bad could it be? God was I wrong. It was horrendous, there were people there who needed to be there, and I really didn't.

NanaNina Thu 12-Nov-15 16:34:46

Sorry I'm not sure what you're asking. Are you unwell again?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now