Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Stopping citalopram cold turkey

(5 Posts)
HHH3 Mon 09-Nov-15 23:17:31

I was on 40mg - had been on 20mg for several months and it had been increased to 40mg a couple of weeks ago. Last took them on Thursday so I've had 4 days without them now.

I've had no side effects/withdrawal and was wondering if I should've had some by now? Or will it be a bit longer before that happens? Hoping I might get away with it but not sure if it's too early to tell or not yet.

ChrissieLatham Mon 09-Nov-15 23:18:26

Why have you stopped taking them?

HHH3 Mon 09-Nov-15 23:19:39

Because they weren't helping, I hated taking them and I'm generally not making great decisions at the moment and am on self destruct I think.

ChrissieLatham Mon 09-Nov-15 23:54:38

Did you speak about this with your doctor and that's why they upped the dose? Maybe you should've given them a little longer to work?
I think you should go back to the doctor, they can always give you some different ones to try

HHH3 Tue 10-Nov-15 06:24:41

I've got a Drs appt this morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now