Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Having a bad couple of days help

(16 Posts)
charley30 Thu 05-Nov-15 15:55:15

please tell me I'm not alone Iv been doin ok for a few weeks then feeling very low last couple of days don't know why just need support to get me thru this crying writing this

Stellarella123 Fri 06-Nov-15 20:20:19

Hope your alright, & hope ur feeling a bit better today, I'm here if you want to talk

charley30 Sun 08-Nov-15 21:41:59

Hi thks for replying this anxiety depression thing so hard to deal with doc said I can increase from 50 to 75 sertrsline scared to do that yet still feeling low and anxious tday x

Degustibusnonestdisputandem Mon 09-Nov-15 10:25:22

I'm here. Going through hell myself atm. (I have string suspicions that my rapid weight loss has messed up my sertraline... so have the full scale anxiety, heart racing etc.) It's shit, isn't it? sad

charley30 Mon 09-Nov-15 11:54:23

Hi why the rapid weight loss and what dose are you on .im finding it hard tday too

Bupcake Mon 09-Nov-15 11:59:12

Are you feeling any better now, OP? Is anyone with you? Would it help to go out and do something, like a walk, or browse some shops?

What scares you about increasing the Sertraline dose? I take 100mg and it works well for me. I started on 50 and that wasn't enough - I still felt anxious a lot of the time.

charley30 Mon 09-Nov-15 12:03:49

Thank u for answering I seemed a bit more positive this morn getting anxious as day goes on tho worried about the side effects bupcake cos I found it so hard wen ist went on them how wer u wen u increased did u go straight to 100 from 50 x

charley30 Mon 09-Nov-15 12:04:48

I don't get out much hoping to start changing that tho x

charley30 Mon 09-Nov-15 12:06:00

Wish someone was with me I do think it wud help x

Bupcake Mon 09-Nov-15 12:07:17

I went from 50 to 100, yes - no real problems with side effects that I remember. I found starting them in the first place was the worst for side effects; they made me anxious and sweaty for a few days. But increasing the dose was fine. I was taking 150 at one point, and that was OK too - no extra side effects. But after a while I felt better so it was reduced to 100 again, which works fine for me.

charley30 Mon 09-Nov-15 12:11:07

So do u think I shd try bupcake Iv had thyroid problems and even on manageable days I' just get by on 50 maybe the 75 will help me Im just not great at taking meds worry bout slightest thing

Bupcake Mon 09-Nov-15 12:40:48

I would recommend you try it, but obviously see what your GP says. I found that 50 just wasn't quite enough for me; 100 lets me function normally.

Degustibusnonestdisputandem Mon 09-Nov-15 12:53:50

Rapid weight loss is due to VCLD diet (totally intentional) - just didn't expect this...

charley30 Mon 09-Nov-15 13:22:03

Bupcake doc encouraged me to take them just battling thinkin it's only a blip but if 50 is not seeing me thru a bad patch then it's not working Iv no motivation at all at min and crying and panicky so it ain't doin its job if it's been in my system for 6 mths surely it shd be ok havin an Xtra 25

charley30 Mon 09-Nov-15 14:00:49

I've never heard of that diet I'm currently worried bout my weight loss I assume is to do with my thyroid and this whole thing hpe u diddnt my mind me askin but that's y I did x

Degustibusnonestdisputandem Mon 09-Nov-15 15:08:26

no problems smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now