Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

PMT

(5 Posts)
Kelly3452 Wed 04-Nov-15 23:39:35

So generally im happy go lucky fun and patient with my two children but every month without fail i have about 5 days before my period where i feel awful!!!!
I start to feel low, like my life isnt how i want it to be.. I have my issues yes but generally im very lucky and happy in life so this feeling is unjust. I then start to over analyse anything and everything. And feel hard done by. Like life bas been unfair to me and i haven't deserved that when i know really it hasn't.
Then i start to het bitter and resentful and take things out on ppl. I get short tempered and irritable and frustrated when others make mistskes.
It is soooo unlike me all of it and im actually at the point now where i dint want to see anyone for those 5 days cos i font want to say/do things i font at all mean! I feel like i cant control it!
I sit there knowing its pmt yet still cant stop

What can i do!?!

cathartic2015 Thu 05-Nov-15 12:48:55

I felt like this for years, at times I would be almost suicidal and it was purely caused by hormones. It wasn't normal PMT, I would spiral into a hideous depression when a day earlier I had been fine. After doing some research, I discovered I actually had Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD). It may help you to google it.

I also found taking Vitamin B6 and Evening Primrose Oil helped massively and accepting the fact that it was my hormones and allowing myself to feel bad but understanding the reasoning behind it was enough to lessen the impact.

I hope this helps in someway and you are not alone in this x

Kelly3452 Sat 07-Nov-15 23:26:05

Thank you im going to google that now and see if it rings true. Its so hard i hate being horrible and thinking horrible thoughts. Its like part of my head is kicking off about anything and everything and the other part is saying 'woooah who is this talking!!!' It literally only is. 4/5 days a month

Kelly3452 Sat 07-Nov-15 23:31:30

After a quick read that is definitely what it is! Is it worth going to doctor about or should i just try exercise diet etc first and see if i can make it any easier! Gosh hormones are a nightmare! Sooo powerful! :-/

cathartic2015 Mon 09-Nov-15 13:25:10

Really glad it helped smile I was amazed when I googled it and found this whole area of information I had never heard discussed anywhere.

I haven't been to the doctor personally but would suggest doing so if you can't cope with it. I did find once I knew there were others out there that felt like me and I wasn't losing my mind (which is what it felt like at times!) it was easier to deal with. However, if you are stuggling I would go to the GP.

I'm really glad I could help you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now