Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Sertraline and social phobia?

(8 Posts)
Madnessmouse Sun 01-Nov-15 21:01:44

Hi all,

I'm due to start sertraline in the next couple of weeks. Anyone used it successfully for social phobia? Thanks. Really hope it helps...

Madnessmouse Sat 07-Nov-15 21:10:58

Bump...

student99 Mon 09-Nov-15 12:39:25

hi sorry there are no replies!

im on week 4 sertraline (50mg) for general anxiety and i have social phobia, it takes a while for sertraline to have positive effects and the first few weeks can be hard...for me it was raised anxiety, feeling 'on' something, insomnia/tiredness. i have levelled out a bit now but still feel overwhelmed and anxious. im at university and have to give a lot of presentations as part of course work and i feel like im dying on the inside...racing heart/nausea/faint...hopefully i will start to feel better soon! when do you start? what dose? x

Madnessmouse Tue 10-Nov-15 14:18:32

Thanks for your reply student smile
Sorry it is taking a while to work for you. I should hopefully get the prescription tomorrow but won't be starting it until Sunday, as I have a training course to get through on Saturday, and don't want any side effects spoiling it - it will be hard enough anyway!

Aquamarine70 Mon 16-Nov-15 14:31:46

I have heard that Paroxerine is better for social phobia. My brother in law takes it & it has been a miracle for him

ProudAS Sat 21-Nov-15 07:02:53

I'm on sertraline and have been on paroxetine in the past. I wouldn't say I found one better than the other for social phobia.

Pandora97 Sat 21-Nov-15 15:21:39

Yes sertraline was brilliant for social phobia, one of the best ones that I've taken (and I've been on 4 different types of ADs). Unfortunately, I did have increased anxiety for the first couple of weeks but that gradually went.

twiglet59 Sun 22-Nov-15 07:36:46

I am just trying to wean myself off of sertraline for social anxiety as I haven't found it has not really worked for me and I don't like the side effects. Are you still on sertraline pandora97?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now