Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I had my 'crisis' team psychiatric appointment

(4 Posts)
LunchpackOfNotreDame Thu 29-Oct-15 20:36:16

Which was a barrel of laughs. Got told I need to put myself out there and make friends and stop being so negative about things. Apparently that's all I need to do.

Great

Thanks

Let's ignore the suicidal thoughts and feelings, the chronic pain, the beyond crippling anxiety and just put myself out there and make friends

Thanks

It's been a few days since my appointment and I've avoided mums net because frankly I just want to throw myself under a train.

NanaNina Thu 29-Oct-15 20:54:45

That is disgusting - I honestly think you should complain to the CQC for the Trust - you'll find the details if you google. Who did you see - please tell me it wasn't a psychiatrist. Mind CPNs or MH social workers have no right to say that to you, beyond shocking. Do complain.

I saw a consultant psychiatrist today and spent 40 mins with him, while he did his best to help me.

There is no excuse for the unprofessionalism of these people who disregarded you so callously.

LunchpackOfNotreDame Thu 29-Oct-15 21:01:13

It was a psychiatrist. I have complex physical health problems so have to be careful with any medications that are prescribed.

I got handed a sheet of private counselling facilities and told to go out and make friends and was also told if my new pain medications don't work to go back for antipsychotics to stabilise my mood

I'm not psychotic. I'm depressed and have severe anxiety.

It was a locum I saw

Pennypebbles Thu 29-Oct-15 21:32:18

I got offered someone to take me shopping when I last saw crisis. Getting out of the house would cure my depression, they said. I was holding down a full time job at the time without taking any time off. I find the crisis team can manage to make any situation worse.

Try to take care of yourself, I know it is easier said than done. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now