Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

sertraline and alcohol

(4 Posts)
Pigzoom Tue 27-Oct-15 18:04:24

Hi I'm suffering from PND. I've been given ADs to take sertraline 50mg.
I've held off for a few weeks as im going on a girls weekend away soon involving alcohol. But I'm really aware I need to start these ADs.
Does anyone know if I can drink a little on them? I don't want them to cause aggression etc when drunk. If I start then drink in ten days what will it do
TIA

TabithaTwitchEye Tue 27-Oct-15 18:57:22

I drink on them, have experienced no adverse effects. If you're unsure chat with your GP. Sertraline was the best thing for my PND.

All the very best

Pigzoom Tue 27-Oct-15 19:12:29

Thank you for response.
When I was depressed before it made me an angry horrid drunk and I got drunk too easily. Just don't want to go back to that. But at the same time I think a few drinks on a weekend away would really help my break from the grind .
Gd to know they help.

sillymummy11 Tue 27-Oct-15 20:15:00

I don't notice any difference in drinking on or off them. I think you're not meant to drink because alcohol is a depressant rather than because of interactions. But obviously, I'm not a doctor so I don't know! I've been on them for 5 1/2 years though, and drank alcohol for 4 1/2 of them with no problems to speak of.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now