Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anxiety

(3 Posts)
overmummy2701 Mon 26-Oct-15 20:34:33

I'm pretty new to this, and the title of my thread is really why I joined!

Ever since having my son, in 2013, I've suffered with anxiety. My Drs gave me tablets, and I've recently run out and I can't get any more until Wednesday sad

I was wondering whether anyone else suffers with it, to the point that I feel like I can't do anything because everything I do makes me more anxious!

Much appreciated in advance xx

Overmummy xxthanksthanks

YommyMommy Tue 03-Nov-15 09:05:52

Hello Overmummy,

You are not alone in feeling like this...I have had it on and off since my first son was born in 2006. I mostly have managed it on my own. I have been on meds once for a short 6 month period and that helped massively.

I've just recently went through a few very busy and stressful days and boom, anxiety rears its ugly head. I was feeling truly awful with it on Sunday, but ;feeling better with every passing day.

Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone smile

LoungingLizard Fri 06-Nov-15 13:24:26

I've always been anxious but it definitely got much worse after having children. My theory is that we want to protect our children so we notice all of the world's dangers more and then also become fearful ourselves. Also I think that buried anxiety from the past can not be buried so easily because you don't want those things that happened to you to happen to your children so you feel anxious all over again about that!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: