Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Could I have some advice please?

(2 Posts)
EquinoxEclipse Sun 25-Oct-15 18:02:24

Can you please give me some advice?

I'm supposed to be going back to work tomorrow after a couple of weeks off after a bit of a mental health crisis. I just can't face it. What shall I say to them? I don't want to keep letting people down, but I also know that I'm nowhere near ready... The problem is trying to express how I feel to my employer, rather than it just coming across like I cba, if that makes sense?

H3 Sun 25-Oct-15 20:17:51

Can you explain a bit about mental health to them? Are they understanding but just don't understand? Some people have no idea or knowledge of mental health but can be sympathetic if it's explained to them. Would it be easier or possible for you to write them a letter? Just ideas, hope you're ok. You are not letting people down, best to return when you are ready & not before x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now