Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Coming off venlafaxine

(2 Posts)
vxa2 Tue 20-Oct-15 13:23:11

I have been taking venlafaxine since about late July. I have been suffering from anxiety and depression since January but citalopram didnt work for me. I am on 150mg per day. I could not tolerate 225mg.

I am not getting any noticeable benefit even though I have also stopped drinking and have been focussing on exercise and a healthy diet.

I have decided I don't want to take it anymore and have now missed two doses. I did email my psych and he has not come back to me but to be honest it doesnt really matter what he says.

Has anyone else come off venlafaxine?

Pandora97 Tue 20-Oct-15 14:23:07

You need to be very careful when coming off venlafaxine, it's one of the hardest ADs to come off. Regardless, you should never come off ADs cold turkey. I changed from mirtazapine as I thought it wasn't working yet I still crashed when I went cold turkey and was sobbing walking around the streets - not good! I also got the shakes, was sweating, felt generally unwell. It was awful.

Please carry on taking it as normal until your psych comes up with a withdrawal regime for you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: