Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

how do you ask for help?

(6 Posts)
pookamoo Mon 19-Oct-15 01:04:44

Just that.

Once my gp signed me off for anxiety for a week. That was in 2007 .

I have never mentioned mental health again.

But I know I have health anxiety and I can't get past if I ask for help I will never be taken seriously by a doctor if me or one of my family is ill.

I think I have cod. Intrusive thoughts.

I think I am depressed.

I said to sh last week I think I am I'll but now I am lying awake thinking of all the bad things that can happen.

How do I ask for help and who do I ask?

Very heavy weight carrying it all around and pretending I am ok when I am not.
Thank you.

TwoAndTwoEqualsChaos Mon 19-Oct-15 01:10:34

I felt as you feel. I was devastated admitting to it to my GP BUT they were nothing but helpful and professional and my life is immensely better because of it. I will come back to this thread tomorrow, as it is late and I am tired, but no one else need know. I didn't tell anyone initially, though I have now done so and, again, received nothing but support.

pookamoo Mon 19-Oct-15 01:17:16

Thank you.

I just don't know how I would get the words out .

Isn't it "just" my health anxiety (for me and others) making me think I am I'll? I sm going round in circles. sad

pookamoo Mon 19-Oct-15 01:18:43

It was not health anxiety i was signed off for. Just general not coping.

TwoAndTwoEqualsChaos Mon 19-Oct-15 14:20:30

Oh, the dam burst and I ended-up saying everything that was on my mind, some relevant some not ... They seemed to do which bits to focus on.

pookamoo Wed 21-Oct-15 23:33:23

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now