Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I'm an idiot

(3 Posts)
Ineedahug Fri 16-Oct-15 20:41:11

I'm an idiot I know that but now I need some practical advice on what to do...I've been on 90mg duloxetine for about 4 years but for the past year or so I've not been taking it properly, eg missing several days in a row and then taking double the dose, I do this partly cos I don't look after myself generally and partly cos I get unpleasant side effects (acid reflux, stomach cramps, nausea) when I take them on an empty stomach and I don't always eat that well. Anyway, the gaps between doses has been getting longer and longer recently (and the side effects when I do medicate worse) but I told myself this was a good thing as I was weaning myself off them. It's now been almost 2 weeks since I took a dose ( and I vomited a few hours later so that may not have been absorbed), the longest I've ever gone, but I've been a mess today, manic almost. Tried to get a GP appt but they were full. What should I do, ride it out or take a dose? Idiot yes I know.

HannahHobbins Fri 16-Oct-15 20:48:54

Well first here's a ((((hug)))). Next eat something, maybe you vomited because there was nothing in your stomach to absorb it. Can you face anything? Then take your tablet.

I have zero experience but riding it out might not be the best option for you?
Can you try to eat something just before you take your dose, something you really like!?

Sorry if I sound like a total gimp but it sounds like you kind of know what you need to do and need a little bit of telling! Another (hug) for good measure.

amarmai Wed 21-Oct-15 14:13:13

you can go sit in the doctor's waiting room and tell them you'll wait for him to see you . At least you'll be near medical assistance if you need it on the spot. Or the A&E. Take a snack and a drink with you as you may have to wait for a while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now