Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Any recommendations for a counsellor or therapist in London?

(10 Posts)
Absentmindedwoman Sun 11-Oct-15 19:32:14

Hi all, I posted this in Chat but had no responses.

Can anyone recommend a good therapist in London?

Thank you.

PastaLaFeasta Sat 17-Oct-15 19:59:42

It depends where you are and which type of therapy, but have a look on here for ones near you. I found one this way and would go back to her. Your GP may have recommendations too.

www.bacp.co.uk/seeking_therapist/right_therapist.php

laurasmith90 Mon 19-Oct-15 13:24:37

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

stripytees Mon 19-Oct-15 13:28:16

Which part of London, OP?

reynoldsnumber Wed 21-Oct-15 23:58:18

Where are you in London?

Absentmindedwoman Thu 22-Oct-15 00:23:44

Hi, thank you for replies.

I am in north London but happy to travel anywhere up to an hour really.

I know the BACP has a list linked above but would prefer a personal recommendation, where someone found a particular person very good. I wasted a lot of time trying to call from a shortlist from BACP before. There are so many I get overwhelmed and don't know who is 'better'. Obviously I know it will depend on being a good match but a personal recommendation can help.

Don't really mind what type of therapy, I am open to most!

reynoldsnumber Thu 22-Oct-15 09:14:06

I'll PM you details of mine later. I'm north London too. What sort of information would you like with my recommendation?

CityDweller Thu 22-Oct-15 09:29:49

What about the Tavistock?

Absentmindedwoman Thu 22-Oct-15 14:50:37

Reynoldsnumber - that would be great thanks, I suppose info like what you think makes the therapist good? What qualities you value about them? I think that would give a good indication of their personal style smile

Isn't the Tavistock for couples therapy and also kids/ young adults? Maybe I'm wrong, will have to google..

reynoldsnumber Sun 25-Oct-15 19:24:22

Hiya, Just checking you got my PM? I don't do them very often!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now