Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Can't cry

(2 Posts)
IASM Tue 06-Oct-15 22:44:30

I apologise if this is the wrong place for this, I'm not sure where else.

Something has been worrying me a bit. I can't cry. My husband left me with 3 young children (youngest 5 weeks old) about 18 months ago - he'd been threatening it for about 6 months prior to that, and I did a whole load of crying and grieving then. However, since he left I have very rarely cried and in the last year or thereabouts I have not done so at all. I do feel the need - like tonight I feel quite low and angry, and just feel like a bloody good cry would really help but I just can't. I'm brought to the edge of tears sometimes (I'm reading the Railway Children to dd1 at the moment and that certainly gets the throat choking!) but something just stops them. It's really frustrating me and I'm starting to find it a bit concerning. I generally feel fine and have been called strong although tonight I am fed up with being strong and just want someone to put their arms around me.

IASM Tue 06-Oct-15 22:49:14

Oh FFS. I've just had a read of a few other threads and I'm just being pathetic. I'm so sorry, I have nothing really to cry about and my heart is breaking for some of the other posters on here.

Get a grip, IASM!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now