Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

PMT and Agnus Castus

(3 Posts)
missy81 Tue 22-Sep-15 16:21:50

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this question.

Since the birth of my son 9 months ago I've been suffering with terrible PMT. It is now affecting my family life and I desperately need help.

A week or so before my period I feel like I have a huge ball of venom in my stomach and will explode at the littlest things. Last week I was so frustrated and angry that I actually hit myself. I now have a big bruise on my face and have had to lie about how I got it, can't talk to anybody as I feel so ashamed about my behaviour.

It's now affecting my life as a wife and a mother, I'm very impatient with my children and husband and I have no inclination to do any housework before my period so the house is a tip which makes my mood worse!

I've read that Agnus Castus is a 'miracle cure' has anybody used this for PMT rage with success?

BlackAmericanoNoSugar Tue 22-Sep-15 16:38:51

I tried Agnus Castus for PCOS years ago, but I didn't get much PMS then so I can't comment.

A few years ago I had quite bad PMS for a couple of days before my period and I was recommended Shatavari and it helped a lot. I don't take it any more as the PMS seems to have subsided again.

missy81 Tue 22-Sep-15 16:58:42

Thank you, I'll look into Shatavari. I'm hoping that the Symptoms will subside and that it's just my body settling down after giving birth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now