Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anyone there?

(22 Posts)
OhHolyFuck Mon 17-Aug-15 19:39:26

Is anyone there? Please, just talk to me?

Baddz Mon 17-Aug-15 19:48:11

Hello
I'm here

Baddz Mon 17-Aug-15 19:53:31

What would you like me to talk about?
I'm not very interesting I'm afraid! smile
Shall I tell you what I've been up to today?
My dc are still on their summer hols and today we did the last of the shopping..shoes...I am now £92 poorer - and only one of them needed new ones!
Then I went to asda as we had run out of apples (told ya...riveting stuff!)
Then I looked after my 2 nephews for my sister as she has to work ft this week.
Went to my mums - I go everyday as she is widowed and very lonely.
They came at 10.30 and left at 4.15.
Ds1 has been to football training and I have just made him go in the shower.

MyGastIsFlabbered Mon 17-Aug-15 19:55:58

I'm here, in a Travelodge en route from Perth to Brighton-got another days driving tomorrow.

OhHolyFuck Mon 17-Aug-15 19:56:45

Thanks
'Not very interesting' is helping!

SwearyGodmother Mon 17-Aug-15 19:57:41

Another one here OHF.

is there anything you want to talk about? Or would you rather we just talk nonsense at you x

SwearyGodmother Mon 17-Aug-15 20:00:28

Cross post.

The most exciting thing that happened to me today is my bananas have finally got old enough for me to bake with them. Mary Berry banana and chocolate chip cupcakes, vanilla icing, butterscotch sauce which will hopefully give banoffee cupcakes on Wednesday.

I try to bake a couple of times a month for DH and his colleagues - they complain if they go without cake too long, the cheeky wotsits.

OhHolyFuck Mon 17-Aug-15 20:01:57

I have a thread elsewhere whinging about what's going on - in shirt, my partner of 7 years left me 3 weeks ago, 5 weeks before our wedding.
I was pregnant but lost our baby at 20 weeks last week
I have pills and alcohol but am alone with DSs (4and2) but this evening seems especially hard for some reason and I can't stop crying

Just talking helps. Any old rubbish. I just need normality.

daisydalrymple Mon 17-Aug-15 20:02:53

I'm here, feeding dc3. Happy to listen or can just waffle on if you don't want to talk too much...

daisydalrymple Mon 17-Aug-15 20:04:48

Are your boys in bed?

Baddz Mon 17-Aug-15 20:05:36

Oh, that's really shit.
I'm so sorry.
The last 2 years have been the hardest of my life and sometimes normality seems the hardest thing to cling to.
When you say you have pills....you mean ads, right?
You aren't planning anything?
Because you have 2 dc and you are their world.
Ds1 is now out of the shower and I will now have to wrangle ds2 in...back shortly!

OhHolyFuck Mon 17-Aug-15 20:05:44

Yes, they're in bed

Baddz Mon 17-Aug-15 20:07:46

In other news my toenail seems to finally dropping off! I broke it few weeks ago (I have now broken every toe except my big ones on each foot!)
Ds2 is missing 3 teeth at the front and now his other front tooth is loose...he looks like snaggletooth smile

SwearyGodmother Mon 17-Aug-15 20:08:18

Have you seen your GP? They can help, but unfortunately it's not instant fixage.

When the boys are in bed what would you usually do? Can you pop some crap music on for a start? Silence can be very oppressive when you're struggling. Background noise can cut through sometimes xx

CycleChic Mon 17-Aug-15 20:09:34

Hey, I'm here too. My legs are aching because I wore stupid flat shoes today while running errands - dropped dd off for school, got groceries, boots where I bought face wash for negative one pound, and M&S where I used the birthday gift card from my parents to buy dd a headband set and a pinny (ordered only because they're out of the right colour ) and myself a necklace. I wore the necklace to collect dd from school and we went to the park where I stood around too much - I think that's what finally did it for my aching legs!

I can witter on about any of the above if you'd like?, or share with you my favourite ways of freezing my thoughts /distracting myself from Dark Thoughts?

MyGastIsFlabbered Mon 17-Aug-15 20:11:01

Shit OP. Sounds like you've had a rough time lately, so sorry.

Baddz Mon 17-Aug-15 20:14:09

Ds2 has just told me he doesn't need a shower. I beg to differ...
Do you have any dvds you love? Or Netflix? Start watching a box set? I watched st elmos fire the other night...such good memories smile
I'm not sure alcohol is a good idea Tbh...tends to magnify emotions, not numb them ime.
I started a pt job last week and I am amazed at how tired I am! I am 42 and feel 72 today.
I have got 4 loads of washing done and dry today. So tomorrow I will.mostly be ironing.

OhHolyFuck Mon 17-Aug-15 20:14:15

I have seen a gp - I've got antidepressants and sleeping tablets (I've just taken these so might flake out soon hopefully) -still waiting for antidepressants to kick in

It seems to come in waves- I'll be ok for a bit and then I feel like everything comes crashing in on me and I can't cope

Thanks for everyone's stories of what they're up to

Baddz Mon 17-Aug-15 20:16:59

I think it takes a few weeks for ads to kick in.
My mum has just been given sleeping tablets. I've been begging her since dad died to get some and she's finally done it.
I hope they work for you op.
It's easy to say but this is just a part of your life. A snapshot. This awful time won't last and you will smile again.
X

MyGastIsFlabbered Mon 17-Aug-15 20:17:20

It takes time, 4 months ago I had a breakdown, now I hardly recognise the person I was back then. But it was a slow process.

SwearyGodmother Mon 17-Aug-15 20:18:02

Yes ADs take a while, which is really distressing as in asking for help you do really need it. Well done on getting them started though!

Coping is overrated on occasion. It's ok to sit and cry and feel overwhelmed if you need to. You don't need to be strong all the time.

DH has put Kick Ass 2 on this evening. It's a really dreadful film! How it was made is beyond me.

CycleChic Mon 17-Aug-15 20:21:30

It seems to come in waves- I'll be ok for a bit and then I feel like everything comes crashing in on me and I can't cope snap, OP! It's been like that for me as well!
Shame about Kick Ass 2, I quite liked the first one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now