Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Sick of hiding it

(4 Posts)
kitkat1989 Sun 16-Aug-15 21:29:52

My depression has been back with a bang for a few weeks. I attempted suicide last year and after promised dh that i would never do anything like that again.

Well i feel like doing it again. I cant even explain whats going round my head i cant make any sense of my feelings.

Iv been off work for a week and done something every day to keep myself busy but thats mqking me feel guilty for doing things. But i work as a home carer and am on my own alot of the time so i know being at work isnt a wise idea.

I feel like im babbling on now but i dont even have a clue where this thread is supposed to be going.

I dont feel like i can talk to dh cos he doesnt really get it. And i have a number for the crisis team but they just talk everything through and try and rationalise it and i dont feel like theres particularly anythung to rationalise cos i dont know whats got me so worked up

RealHuman Sun 16-Aug-15 21:35:20

If you're under 35 Papyrus hopeline are open to talk to until 10pm.

RealHuman Sun 16-Aug-15 21:37:51

0800 0684141
www.papyrus-uk.org

Or Samaritans. Neither of them will try to make you rationalise things.

NanaNina Sun 16-Aug-15 22:15:55

Are you on any meds kitkat - how long since your last episode, or does it fluctuate all the time. Mine does, and I never know how I will be from one day to the next, or even through the day as can wake feeling bad but lift as day goes by. Just thinking that if it's been a while since your last bout, you might not be on meds.

I don't think we can make any sense of depression - it just makes us feel shite in a way that defies description really and I imagine it's different for everyone. I try to hide it as much as possible and hate anyone seeing me on a bad day. I think your DH needs to try to "get it" - difficult I know, but there is loads of information on the MIND website and books/articles he could read to help him understand at least a bit more. I don't think anyone can really understand unless they have first hand experience. Its a torment for sure.

I have a lovely CPN and psychiatrist but all they can do is keep swapping drugs (none of them sustain me mentally) and am now considering ECT as a last resort. I know the crisis team can't do much either when you're in a bad state. I've cried down the phone at my CPN so many times, and she's lovely but there's nothing she can do, so it's hard for them too really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now