Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Help please

(2 Posts)
gemsparkle84 Mon 10-Aug-15 19:09:58

I also badly in need of some help. I have terrible anxiety which currently is manifesting itself in me being convinced I have cancer and it has spread. I have had terrible lower back/ buttock/ pelvic pain for around 9 months. I have also had a chronic cough for several months. I have had X-rays all came back ok. I am now 9 and half weeks pregnant which I am so happy about. I am just so worried I am going to die. I think of it every second of every day. I am working 60 hours a week which does not help. I have chest pains which I am convinced are cancer. I have a huge fear of never meeting my baby. I could cry all the time. My first midwife appt is tomorrow. I hope they take my pains seriously. I am so lost.

pnutter Mon 10-Aug-15 23:41:13

I won't be much use but what I will say is that anxiety is massively horrible. Please talk to midwife (if she seems nice) and /or go to gp. Talking will be key to getting control of your anxiety. Oh and congratulations! It is ok to take a few moments a day at least to feel happy that you are going to have a baby. I've got two dc . I've been mentally ill most of my life. They are awesome. Thinking of you and really hope you can tell someone in rl how you feel. Not sure if you have a partner.
It's perfectly normal to have anxiety. Depression. Whatever. We are all human!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now