Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I want to run away

(4 Posts)
MummySparkle Sat 08-Aug-15 21:02:01

Pretty much that really. I am utterly at breaking point and I need a break from it all.

I want to fill up my car with petrol, grab a few changes of clothes, get a load of cash out of my bank account and drive wherever the roads take me. And turn my phone off. Find a campsite and just chill for a few days where nobody can find me and I don't have any responsibilities. Somewhere remote where I can hide and sleep and just be with nature for a bit. I just want to sign out of my life for a few days until I'm ready to come back. Being a mum is too hard. Being a partner is too hard. Everything feels like a chore at the moment.

It's not an option though. I have to stay and keep looking after the DCs, but I desperately want to go. Sometimes it feels the only way to get a break would be to do something drastic and spend a few days in hospital.

DP doesn't understand

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Sat 08-Aug-15 21:04:38

I understand. Its relentless and thankless. Plan a few hours off tomorrow. I do this now as before i was always working child minding or house stuff.

GourmetGold Sat 08-Aug-15 23:13:16

Are you sure you can't get away for a few days? Is there anyone who could look after your DCs?

MummySparkle Mon 10-Aug-15 11:48:15

Thank you for your replies. We had a lovely family day at the seaside yesterday and I'm feeling a little better.

I can't get away for a few days. DP would never forgive me. He doesn't understand my need for my own space. I haven't been alone for more than an hour or two since DS was born. Before I met DP I could go days without seeing another person, I was very much a loner. I guess I just miss that.

DP and MIL could look after the kids, but DP would never agree to letting me go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now