Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Terrified of coming of antidepressants

(3 Posts)
Snowdrop26 Sat 08-Aug-15 11:00:22

Hi everyone, this is my first time to post so I hope it ends up in the right place! I have always suffered with bad anxiety even as a child, it all came to a about 9 months ago when I started getting some truly awful thoughts about harming myself, I lived in terror for weeks as I was terrified of going to the doctor as I've a 3yr old son, I thought he would be taken from me, this made it all worse. Eventually I plucked up the courage to go to the doctor and get help, ive been on lexapro ever since, on 15mg at the moment. I still have my bad days but mostly good. I feel it's time I started to reduce my dose but the thoughts of going back to that dark place reduce me to tears. I was wondering if any of you have any success stories or advice for me? It would be much appreciated xx

Earlybird Sat 08-Aug-15 11:42:13

Have you eve had any counseling to deal with your anxiety? Counselling or CBT can help you learn how to deal with those feelings, so they no longer have the same hold over you.

Snowdrop26 Sat 08-Aug-15 11:54:17

I have had counselling, I recently moved away so I've yet to find a new counsellor, cbt has been mentioned to me before its something ill look into

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now