Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Very stressed and hypo

(9 Posts)
SpongeBobJudgeyPants Fri 07-Aug-15 23:18:21

Quite stressed at the moment. Have been quite ill physically, and things are quite stressful. Work, my trustee work with a charity, teenager at home who think houses run themselves, f wit of an ex partner not communicating about holiday arrangements for DD, and springing them on me last minute, my mother, who is always stressful nagging me about the doctor not doing enough for my health, yada yada. I am starting to go hypo-manic, and need to be very careful as a lone-parent. I don't know what I expect anyone to say really. I'm trying to swim, eat well, go to bed early, but I really should be asleep now instead of being on MN!

AnathemaPratchett Fri 07-Aug-15 23:28:38

What do you normally find helpful when approaching a manic? Could you enlist your teenagers help at this time and explain why you need it?

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Fri 07-Aug-15 23:38:27

I find if I take to my bedroom, and shrink my world a bit, and remove outside stimuli it helps a bit, but its difficult with work and commitments. Teen DD will help if pushed, but is going away Sunday anyhow. I try to keep some of it from her, as I feel like I am the most reliable parent IUSWIM.

AnathemaPratchett Sat 08-Aug-15 00:03:48

Hmm that sounds hard. Hope you find a way to get through the weekend well flowers

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Sat 08-Aug-15 00:11:20

It is. Eventually I'll be so cream crackered I'll sleep a lot and come back down, but it's a pain in the meanwhile. Thanks for talking to me. Good to know peeps care x smile

AnathemaPratchett Sat 08-Aug-15 00:17:44

No worries smile

I'm the worlds worst when it comes to getting manic because I really enjoy it so tend not to want to do my self help stuff (conveniently forgetting all the crapness that goes along with them because I'm an idiot grin )

Sleep well smile

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Sat 08-Aug-15 08:12:50

I did sleep well thank you! Yes, the trouble is when I'm hypo I get so much more done! Have sorted out loads of cupboards, and even tackled the phone company (who previously wouldn't talk to me cos the bill is in Xh's name, despite me paying it since 2008). They're talking to me now grin

AnathemaPratchett Sat 08-Aug-15 21:56:14

Hope you had a good day?

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Sun 09-Aug-15 16:56:41

Yes thanks. Feel a bit better. Sorted out the garden a bit. Then sat in it grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now