Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anxiety getting worse

(4 Posts)
Susiesue61 Fri 07-Aug-15 19:23:52

Sorry, this may be a bit of a muddle, just wanted to get it off my chest!
I started sertraline about 7 weeks ago for anxiety. I felt really bluergh for about a week but now feel ok. However my anxiety seems to be getting worse and I have developed an absolute obsession with Dd and whether she's ok.
I feel permanently on edge. She does an activity at quite a good level and I am constantly thinking about whether she's doing well or not. This week she's been On a camp for said activity with one of her regular coaches, and I am constantly asking her was it ok, was the coach pleased with her etc.

We've had a couple of lovely emails from her coach in the last few weeks, and now I am constantly checking emails, as if I am only happy if someone tells me something good.

I have 2 lovely Dses as well. I feel I am being a crap mother at the moment and driving everyone mad!
I am struggling to take them out or do anything with any of them, my sister was up this week with her 2 babies and once I got out, we had a lovely couple of days and I was really proud of myself for driving quite a way!

Sorry to moan, that's really self indulgent and I need to get a grip. I have PMT today and DH is driving me insane

AnathemaPratchett Fri 07-Aug-15 23:26:55

Firstly, give yourself a break and celebrate what you are managing to get done despite anxiety.
What would be your ideal resolution? What would you like to happen? I have crippling anxiety sometimes and grounding exercises, mindfulness exercises, and picturing achievable goals really helps mr smile

Susiesue61 Sat 08-Aug-15 00:30:14

I would like my heart not to race when I'm just doing normal things.
I'd like not to feel absolute panic when Dd is about to play, and despair if she does badly.
I'd like to not think about this other person I am obsessing about all the time.
I'd love to feel some enthusiasm for something other than a glass of wine blush

This list could go on and on!!

AnathemaPratchett Sat 08-Aug-15 19:07:23

Beta lockers could help with the physical symptoms? Have you tried mindfulness or similar for the obsessing? Just a couple of thoughts

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now