Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

DH not dealing with 'normal' stress

(1 Post)
Notnowdarling01 Thu 06-Aug-15 15:05:50

I'm a bit worried about my DH who has a history of anxiety and depression. He has over the last 6 weeks or so started overreacting to normal minor life stresses. For example, he will have a complete meltdown because he gets a work email in the holidays, which he doesn't need to respond to until he returns. He started screaming at himself this morning over burning toast. He has always had a low threshold for stress and anger but this is way worse than normal. He says he is not depressed at the moment but I can't help thinking a trip to the GP would not be a bad idea. Am I overreacting and just need to let this play out or would this set off alarm bells for you too? Nothing that I am aware of has happened recently that would explain the increase in stress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now