Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Emetophobics - what treatments have helped you?

(2 Posts)
ScottishGlen Sun 02-Aug-15 21:30:39

I've been an emetophobic for as long as I can remember. I generally manage to keep things in check day to day but sometimes come across a situation that sends me in a complete spin and my anxiety goes through the roof. I have used the Thrive workbook and seen a Thrive counsellor . It helped me manage my day to day thoughts and anxieties but hasn't helped situations such as children being sick or in the car with a child feeling sick when I just feel so overwhelmed. What have you tried and found useful. I know there's not a magic cure but anything vaguely positive would be great to hear.

GentlyGentlyOhDear Mon 03-Aug-15 21:01:24

I'm in the same situation and would also love some tips.
I also get very anxious about illness in general and am prone to health anxiety.
I find it eases if I am well in myself - eating well, exercising, getting enough sleep etc. Struggling a bit at the minute though with a 3 week old baby!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now