Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Tips for dealing with anxiety

(4 Posts)
MrsCK Tue 28-Jul-15 13:42:18

I have booked a gp appointment but I'm suffering with really bad anxiety. I'm a new mummy to a 6 month old, and my anxiety stems from wanting to feel in control. I am very much ok about the control I have in the child aspect of my life. it's other areas such as my weight and exercise and not having everything organised that's stressing me out and manifesting itself in anxiety attacks about random random things. so I'm looking for tips on how to deal with the attacks when they happen.

thanks in advance!

TheoriginalLEM Tue 28-Jul-15 17:41:20

It is good that you have booked a GP's appointment. I suffer from anxiety so i understand what you are going through.

For me, i need to be on medication as it can be quite debilitating, but not everyone needs this sort of intervention. Counselling is useful.

Can i ask what you are anxious about?

MrsCK Wed 29-Jul-15 20:30:39

The actual things that I get anxious over are stupid, trivial things. Being later than I'd planned...even though I always leave the house 15 mins early than needed anyway. I got anxious about being followed by a police car, convinced I'd be pulled over and arrested despite having done nothing wrong. it's all really non stuff that my head blows out of proportion.

TheoriginalLEM Wed 29-Jul-15 23:20:37

Thats anxiety for you. If there isnothing to worry about anxiety looks for something. I am finding running really useful justnow but when my anxiety was at its worst i couldn't havedone it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now