Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Always feeling guilty and dwelling on things and feeling extremely low

(4 Posts)
sammyjayneex Fri 24-Jul-15 19:36:43

I am always dwelling on things and feeling guilty all the time. I feel very low today. Cant even laugh or smile I feel that low. This morning my children woke up as always and they are always happy play once they get up and sometimes I lay in. This morning I just didn't want to get up and I don't know why. My 9 year old asked if they could go down and she would give them their breakfast and I agreed (she has done this previously in the past as her dad used to allow her to allow her some independence. But now I feel really guilty that I didn't get up and do it and feel like I have neglected them. Then I start to worry and think what happens if my mind went blank and I didn't get up at all and just left them all day to fend for themselves. This has never happened before and I worried what's happening to me. I have been ill the past few days to be fair (getting over a cold) but im dwelling on this morning and feel guilty. Since getting up I have done everything I should have done today, made them lunch and tea ect but I thin k I only got up eventually because my daughter needed help on te toilet (shes 3)

Am I a bad mother. Just scared about what is happening to me.

gemsparkle84 Sat 25-Jul-15 01:09:34

No you're not a bad Mother. I was the eldest of 5... Being close together in age we regularly got yo early before the parents - yes at 9... I'm sure she is responsible enough to pour some cereal and to alert you if there is a problem. I'm pretty sure you would have been listening in on events and would have known if something were wrong. Please don't stress.

Sleepytrain Sat 25-Jul-15 23:11:57

I agree, you are absolutely not a bad mother and the fact that you have written this is testament to that. You sound like a very caring mother who perhaps is going through a tricky time and feeling low. It can be very difficult to deal with this when you've got little'uns to think about too. I agree with gemsparkle, and perhaps your 9 year old enjoyed the responsibility!

sammyjayneex Fri 31-Jul-15 00:48:51

I just keep playing it in my mind and dwelling on it. What if I don't get out of bed one morning and neglect them. I don't want this to happen. I'm just scared.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now