Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Started on citalopram 5 weeks ago and feel like I'm at rock bottom again

(4 Posts)
charliesweb Wed 22-Jul-15 20:29:05

I had weaned off citalopram in March. I felt my mood start to deterioate from the end of April onwards. I went back to the docs she recommended therapy rather than restarting the meds. I then crashed mid June and have been back on citalopram ever since. It'll be 5 weeks on Friday. I had started to improve but today I feel as bad as did in the beginning. I've been off work since the crash but I had been in again for 3 days. Something happened yesterday which has triggered all the anxiety again and actually given me a whole load of new things to worry about. I can't see myself ever getting better.

charliesweb Thu 23-Jul-15 08:44:01

My anxiety levels are high again this morning. I'm really scared that I can't seem to find a way out of this.

gemsparkle84 Thu 23-Jul-15 08:50:20

Hiya. There is a way... You will start to feel better. What is it you are worrying about? I don't even know how I'm telling you this I'm currently 7 weeks and feeling very low. Long story but I've had chronic lower back/ pelvic pain for the past 9 months, I have had a cough for the past 3 months and j small lump on back of my head that throbs and have convinced myself I have cancer. Despite pelvic X-ray/ chest X-ray and reassurances from DH and Doctors. It's despicable we allow anxiety to do to our minds. I'm so happy about my pregnancy but every day I feel so low about these problems. Please know you're not alone. I hope this helps.

charliesweb Thu 23-Jul-15 08:56:11

Thank you for replying. I'm sorry to hear you're struggling too.
My anxiety is all about a work situation. I started a small business with a friend a year ago but I don't know if I can continue because of the stress and anxiety it causes me. But it's complicated at its not easy just to walk away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now