Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Should I get help? Depression?

(2 Posts)
willthiseverbloodystop Fri 17-Jul-15 22:39:03

Sorry to post another thread asking if this could be depression.

At work I am generally fine, although a bit irritable and negative.

I work pt and I am noticing that when at home I spiral downwards quite fast. I thought it was pmt but it came well befire period and continued during it. Now it's back. I just feel really really down, that's all I can explain it as. Mainly a feeling of just being totally overwhelmed and a bit panicky.

I left an abusive marriage in jan and, as I was attacked after leaving in front of dc, sw came down on me like a ton of bricks. It was very hard, but I was ok as long as I moved forward, mainly changing around the house. Now I,ve ended up in debt so stopping on house and now can't even be bothered to clean it whereas I was obsessive initially.

I've also noticed the last two weeks that I am letting things slip and becoming very forgetful. Which is making me feel more overwhelmed and anxious.

I wake up in the night and if I drink I barely sleep. I m always exhausted anyway but it's been much worse recently.

I have a holiday with dc soon which I am hoping will sort me out, but don't want to sleepwalk through it in this fog?

Is this just normal marriage breakdown stuff or do I need some help to get better?

griselda101 Fri 17-Jul-15 22:45:57

it does sound like you need professional help, did you get any support after your marriage finished? Either way you need support now, so go to your GP and ask for a referral for MH services. It's so helpful to talk to a professional about things and they can help you to see solutions and work through difficult times with support and help you through to better times.

i suggest you go to the GP asap and don't downplay how bad things are as they will get you seen quicker. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now