Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Is this depression?

(4 Posts)
MarjorieWinklepicker Fri 17-Jul-15 12:53:38

I don't know where to start.

I don't feel like I am down, and I certainly don't believe I have any reason to feel depressed (I have a lovely family, husband, security etc) but I don't feel like me.

I don't want to be affectionate with my husband, even though I love him with ally heart, it isn't him I just want to be left alone. My libido has disappeared.

I feel like I can't make any effort with my children, I feel like I am not enjoying them right now and sometimes it makes me take it out on them hmm they would be much better off without me, if only they had parents who truly went that extra mile for them then they would have a much better life.

I'm not interested in my house, I look at the floor and I know it needs vacuuming but I just cannot be bothered. I just want to lie down and do nothing.

I can't eat and if I do it's huge binges of unhealthy stuff. Then I feel bad about that. I can't sleep either.

For the first time in my life I have felt some anxiety, mainly about our car and about one of us being killed in a car accident. I had to drive on the motorway last week and when I got home my arms were shaking so much I couldn't feel them.

I want a lot of changes in my life, I just can't be bothered to do anything about it hmm

Indantherene Fri 17-Jul-15 17:04:47

Sounds like depression, yes. It is hard to motivate yourself but you really need to see your GP.

LastingLight Fri 17-Jul-15 17:08:57

It does sound like depression. You need to see your GP for a thorough exam as some physical problems (e.g. thyroid) can produce similar symptoms and needs to be ruled out.

dogood Fri 17-Jul-15 17:23:06

Sounds like depression, book an appointment as soon as you and "LastingLight" is right that you should have blood tests to rule any other physical symptoms. Good luck and lets us know how you get onsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now