Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Depression? BiPolar? PND?

(4 Posts)
littleraysofsunshine Wed 15-Jul-15 07:45:52

I have episodes of anger, upset over slight things. Over react, and take things like a snack in the face. I am tired a lot, lack of patience and just feel rubbish about myself.

Self doubt
Happiness in bouts
Then stress over things in between.
I over think something chronic.

Or is this just life's dealings and just one persons way of coping?

God knows

I have three little a under 4.5

windchimes23 Wed 15-Jul-15 10:00:38

If you're bipolar you'll have been manic or hypomanic, do you ever feel you have been. Last time I was manic I told my boss I could fly and asked him to a party at my house so I could show him (he didn't show up thank god). I roller-skated on the kitchen roof to demonstrate my skills, it wasn't pleasant.

Hypomanic I just do too much, like decide that the whole house needs redecorating in a week and then get onto it 24/7. Or go wild Internet shopping, take the kids swimming, to the park, to a soft play all in one day and then stay up all night surfing the Internet for more stuff to purchase.

I can stay up for days or even weeks unmedicated.

Have you ever been like that?

If not then you sound as though your suffering from depression and quite possibly exhaustion and burnout with such small children. Exhaustion is torture, I had two under two and it flipped the switch for me.

Speak to your GP, get a psychatrists referral if possible. No one on here can give a definite diagnosis. But you shouldn't have to live like that, it's not a normal way of coping. Mindfulness and CBT would be a good starting point.

littleraysofsunshine Wed 15-Jul-15 12:44:43

I set myself lots of to do lifts, get angry if I don't finish them all at once, I take things too seriously and end up saying things I don't mean (to my dp)

dontrunwithscissors Wed 15-Jul-15 18:25:41

Obviously nobody can say for sure, but from what you've written it doesn't sound like bipolar. There need to be episode of high mood--when I'm high, I feel like I can fly, feel like I have electricity running through me, like there's so much energy I'm going to be torn apart. There are points where the thoughts are going so fast that I can't talk properly, I can't make a cup of tea because there are so many ideas that I can't concentrate on anything.

Depression can include being angry, especially directed inwardly, being self-critical. I think I would also be exhausted and snappy if I had 3 under 5. Perhaps a visit to your GP to see what they think would help?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now