Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Any one on fluoxetine that can help?

(4 Posts)
lincolnshirelassy Mon 13-Jul-15 16:21:04

Hi all. Started on fluoxetine last week for depression and anxiety. Had a bad tummy and blurred vision which settled quickly but now I am SOOO tired, could sleep all day! I'm signed off work so I can take it steady and I've read this is a common side effect at first but wondered if others had experience if this? Did it pass quickly? Would it help to take it at night, I currently take it in the morning? Any advice appreciated!

JulyKit Mon 13-Jul-15 20:49:35

I get really sleepy on Fluoxetine too, and it annoys me!

Personally, I find it better to take it in the morning, although a GP did once recommend that I took it in the evening instead for the same reason you're suggesting doing so. For me, it didn't make any difference at all, but it didn't do any harm, so maybe give it a go?

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

RedBushedT Mon 13-Jul-15 20:52:56

I've been taking fluoxetine for over a year now. It made me absurdly sleepy at first and also made me yawn constantly which was irritating and embarrassing. It took a few months, but all the side effects did reduce. I take my tablet in the evening around 7pm, as I found this way I hit my peak tiredness at bedtime wink

lincolnshirelassy Mon 13-Jul-15 21:02:03

Thanks both. I think I'll give it a go in the evening and see if it makes a difference

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now