Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

over thinking

(6 Posts)
janice1st Sun 05-Jul-15 22:57:47

How do I put my brain on pause I over think everything it's draining and never can enjoy the moment always worrying about worse case scenario

windchimes23 Sun 05-Jul-15 23:07:16

Try mindfulness, Headspace app is free for the first ten sessions. Try to train your brain to stop worrying.

I have found it useful, just breathing and being in the moment. It takes practice though.

I am an over thinker (manic) and it helps to bring me down, just ten minutes everyday.

Other than that have you spoken to your GP, or considered counselling?

janice1st Mon 06-Jul-15 06:53:33

Thank you I will have a look info that and see if it helps gotta be something that works smile

furrylittlecreatures Mon 06-Jul-15 14:06:29

CBT? If you think everything is the worst case scenario its called catastrophizing and CBT can be very helpful with that.

rogueantimatter Mon 06-Jul-15 14:11:22

Also try to do some exercise (apologies if you already do that)

And magnesium is calming - you can buy it as a spray - helpful for things like back ache too.

Avoid too much caffeine - redbush tea, rosehip, hibiscus, barleycup and dandelion 'coffee' and camomile tea are nice alternatives.

I used to be like you. Having more time to myself + meditation and a better diet were helpful.

janice1st Mon 06-Jul-15 20:27:03

Thank you all for your comments definitely some things in there they I will try. Like exercise I'm on go all day but it's not proper exercise a lot of research I've been doing talks about mindfulness so that is probably a good thing to teach myself

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now