Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Early pregnancy and depression/anxiety

(3 Posts)
krisy0 Fri 03-Jul-15 11:17:49

I am 23 years old and have recently found out i am pregnant. I have been struggling with anxiety and depression for many years now and have not been able to hold down a job, although i am in full time work now i don't feel as though i can carry on with it. I have already taken a few 'sick days' and i am worried i am going to lose my job if i carry on like this.

My doctor said she will set up some extra support through my pregnancy looking at my history of mental health but i am worried it will be too late and i will have already been fired.

does anyone know what my options are here? am i entitled to any form of help if i can't continue work? I really appreciate any advice x

lizabeth0607 Fri 03-Jul-15 23:17:59

I'm not sure what help you would be entitled to or what your options are, I just didn't want to be rude and read and run!

Could you be signed off as sick for a few weeks or until your maternity leave begins? Are you in a position to not work?

I would talk further with doctor and see what they suggest. Hope someone else can offer more advice!

Hang in there flowers

Guyropes Sat 04-Jul-15 08:47:24

You need to check the terms and conditions of your employment. Different companies allow different amounts of sick leave with various proportions of pay, so it's very much down to the company, and not a GeneraL rule. How long you have worked there might also have an effect.

Hope you do get the support yo need, and congrats on your pg!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now