Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Advice needed.. Anxiety??

(6 Posts)
Penguinhugs Mon 22-Jun-15 16:17:57

Hello! Fairly new here, was hoping for some advice.
Long story short, I'm a really negative person and I feel like it's taking over my life.
I often panic and worry about a variety of things that really don't need to be worried about. But this totally stops me from enjoying lifeline it's beginning to affect my relationships.
do is a very positive easy going person and we routinely fall out about how negative I can be, that i don't seem to enjoy life or be happy and that I am always moaning or nagging about things.
I feel like I always find problems in a situation and find negatives before positives. I usually think the worst of a situation and get really uptight over nothing basically, especially money.
Anxiety has been mentioned by the docs briefly but I just feel like I have a terrible attitude. I've tried changing my sleeping pattern, exercising more and even my contraception but I just can't snap out of it. Has anyone been in this situation? Can you offer any helps? Sorry for the long post but I just don't know what to do!! Thanks in advance smile

Penguinhugs Mon 22-Jun-15 16:18:30

Should say DP sorry!!

Wolfiefan Mon 22-Jun-15 16:21:20

Uptight that's me! It is something you can learn to control. GP can help whether that's medication, counselling or even a prescription for a self help book!

Bellini12 Mon 22-Jun-15 17:47:25

I think I am fairly negative having been around my DM who is unbelievably negative. You can train yourself out of it. I've had lots of CBT (for anxiety) and it has really helped me. It's a way of retraining your thoughts and letting things go. I think it's finally working for me. Also, mindfulness helps me too (Headspace app).

Penguinhugs Mon 22-Jun-15 19:51:02

Thank you both! smile Will give headspace app a try. What's CBT?

Bellini12 Tue 23-Jun-15 17:42:32

Cognitive behavioural therapy.
Looks at the thought process and gives you a different perspective on how to change your thoughts. Stops your thoughts spiralling and you getting into a state.

Google 'the worry tree'. This diagram helps me deal with individual worries. Helps you stop catastrophising!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now