Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Really paranoid now!

(7 Posts)
sammyjayneex Fri 19-Jun-15 17:36:54

So i was walking to the school to pick my kids up. I was with my 3 year old. This guy was driving slowly near the pavement as I was walking and asked me 'have you been married off you?' And I was like Ye ( coz I am married and hoped he'd go away? He was like ahhhhh, Then he started asking me if I smoked and if i sniffed ( presumably meant do i take drugs)

I was like wtf now and tried to speed up. He said is that your daughter? I mumbled yes and walked faster and he then said see you later and drove off. I'm really paranoid now. You hear all the time about men stopping woman to throw things at them like drugs and stuff what if he did this and I didn't notice! Really paranoid or am i being dramatic?

VulvaVoom Fri 19-Jun-15 22:54:07

Not sure why you posted this in MH (meant nicely) are you feeling anxious/paranoid about it? agree it was weird and would make me feel scared too, sorry, not that helpful confused

sammyjayneex Fri 19-Jun-15 23:41:07

Yes I am very anxious right now

NanaNina Sat 20-Jun-15 00:20:45

Horrible experience and small wonder you're anxious - but anxiety is fear, and of course you would be afraid after something like this. I think you should report it to the police - did you get the Reg No. even if not, you would know the colour of car and could give a reasonable description of the man. Can you change your route to school or make arrangements to walk with someone else for the time being.

Not sure it belongs in mental health though.

xmaslisa Sat 20-Jun-15 00:38:00

If you are still concerned tomorrow drop by your local police station and just report it/speak to someone... They'll put your mind at ease. Wonder if it was a case of mistaken identity?

sammyjayneex Sat 20-Jun-15 01:59:44

I put it on Mental health because I am really anxious about it
What if I had a gun and was deciding whether to hurt me or my my daughter it maybe he was planning to do spending else like throw dangerous stuff at us. Mind going on overdrive. But I will contact police tomorrow and give the details I have .

sammyjayneex Sat 20-Jun-15 02:00:33

I put it on Mental health because I am really anxious about it
What if I had a gun and was deciding whether to hurt me or my my daughter it maybe he was planning to do spending else like throw dangerous stuff at us. Mind going on overdrive. But I will contact police tomorrow and give the details I have .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now