Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I need a friend

(22 Posts)
ijustlovecake Tue 16-Jun-15 18:36:39

I don't have any friends and I'm really lonely. Is there anyone here I can talk to?

Fettuccinecarbonara Tue 16-Jun-15 18:48:32

I'll be your friend grin

Tell me a bit about yourself, what you enjoy, if you work, have a family etc.

Wishful80smontage Tue 16-Jun-15 18:50:17

Hi you can talk to us. Hope you're ok op?

ijustlovecake Tue 16-Jun-15 19:26:35

Thanks smile I've just moved into my first place so feel a bit lonely.

I like cooking/baking, gardening, animals and i'm also a big Disney fan. I don't work atm, just finished my degree with the OU so hoping to start working in September after my graduation. I wish I had a family, have considered going it alone. How about you?

Fettuccinecarbonara Tue 16-Jun-15 19:41:58

Oh wow! What ou course are you doing? You must be in your final few weeks now! What an achievement! Have you moved into shared accommodation or is it your own place? What are you planning on doing to it to make it feel like home? I love new houses!

I am in my 30's with two young children. It's the hardest thing I have ever done (and not always rewarding!) though I'm lucky to have a supportive husband, but he works full time so often it's just me the kids and Groundhog Day! When I have time (haha!) I love reading, cooking, running and dog walking smile

RinkRashDerbyKisses Tue 16-Jun-15 19:45:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ijustlovecake Tue 16-Jun-15 19:48:47

Criminology and psychology smile I've just finished my last exam so just waiting for my gradutaion ceremony smile It's my own place, a 2 bed flat. I actually have a little side garden so i'll probably put a border in with some flowers.

Aww how old are they? I just noticed your username - I LOVE carbonara!

Fettuccinecarbonara Tue 16-Jun-15 20:03:51

Oh wow! I did a law degree after school. Worked as a lawyer for a while though didn't particularly enjoy it (full of whinging people!) so left to find something more suited to me.

My daughter is 7 and my son 2. When they're nice they're nice...the rest of the time I feel like I'm totally outnumbered! Doesn't help that we're having a new kitchen fitted so my house is like a building site. Which they love of course!

I am dieting hence the name. My mind is full of pasta if my plate is not!

What you planning on doing over the summer? (You're last ever long holiday!)

Fettuccinecarbonara Tue 16-Jun-15 20:04:02

*your

ijustlovecake Tue 16-Jun-15 20:31:49

Oh cool! I can imagine it being really stressful, don't blame you!

Haha, at least they're having fun! What sort of kitchen are you having?

I always crave carbs when i'm on a diet. I should be on one now but i'm cheating!

I have a Disneyworld holiday coming up, so planning and saving for that smile Are you going on holiday this year?

Fettuccinecarbonara Tue 16-Jun-15 21:02:23

Disneyworld? As in Florida disneyworld? Oh I'm so unbelievably jealous!! One day I'll get there! I was never remotely interested until I had children. I'm waiting for the boy to grow up a little first (and finances to grow a little too!) then we'll go!!

My kitchen is going to be a kitchen/diner. For years we've had the 2 separate and so we've decided to join them and have more space to be together as a family smile it's very early days but I'm getting excited! Today though the kids say and made cement (pretend) using my bowls and spoons. It was easier cleaning up after them than stopping them!

I can't cheat at this diet smile I've promised myself one month of discipline! It's time I lost these 2 stones of baby fat. I've no excuse now, he's my last baby. By god it's hard! When I was younger it was easy to stay slim(ish!)

Do you exercise? I have tried many things in the past but running is my favourite, it gives me headspace from the children!

Have you moved close to family? Or is this a whole new start for you?

ijustlovecake Tue 16-Jun-15 21:41:59

Yep! I wanted to go as a kid but my mum could never afford it so i'm making it up now at 24 grin. Yes it's really humid there apparently and older kids will be able to remember it and enjoy it more.

That sounds lovely, kids are great. I was going to try and squeeze a little dining table and chairs into my living room- hope it fits!

What diet are you doing? I don't do any exercist but I need to tone my arms so was going to buy some weights. I'm so unfit it's terrible!

I only live about 5 mins away by car so they're close if I need them. I can't actually believe it though, my life has been stagnant for so many years and I can't believe that things are happening for me smile

ijustlovecake Tue 16-Jun-15 21:43:20

exercise not exercist! blush

Fettuccinecarbonara Tue 16-Jun-15 21:59:31

Ah that made me smile! When are you going? To disneyworld I mean? (In assuming you're UK based, you might live in Florida for all I know!)

You're only 24! You've got YEARS to get yourself settled and sorted, don't have kids yet grin

I am doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I run a lot, but this 20 minute exercise routine (dvd) is a killer!!! Good for arms. You do a few minutes of weights, then cardio then abs. Then again. And again. 20 minute killer! I'm half way through. Lost 7lb and coupled with serious calorie counting. Roped dh into it too. He's committed but not impressed! Thing is, men look ok with s couple extra pounds don't they? It's also more socially acceptable for men to be bigger. Though dh is 6'3 so he carries extra weight without looking fat! Sadly I don't!!!

Do you have any pets? We have a dog, cat and ducks. Oh and my daughters stinking mouse.

ijustlovecake Tue 16-Jun-15 22:55:01

Going in September :D Staying onsite at the animal kingom lodge then offsite at a hotel. Probably go to the Florida mall and IHOP, Walmart etc.

That's what everyone says, but I have endo so i'm a bit concerned about my ability to concieve. Hopefully i'm one of the lucky ones smile

That sounds brutal, but it's supposed to be really good. Wow 7 pounds - well done! I wish I had more motivation, i'm having a few days off my diet blush

I had to leave the family dog behind as it belongs to my stepdad. I'm hoping to get a cat at some point though. Ducks sound like a lot of fun, do they wake the neighbours up? grin

RinkRash I'm sorry I only just saw your post! Great, another Disney fan!
I'm a pretty good cake eater too grin

buildmeabuttercup Wed 17-Jun-15 08:44:16

I like Disney, baking and I also did a degree in psychology wink. I'll be your friend too!

ijustlovecake Wed 17-Jun-15 18:39:12

Hi Buttercup smile Have you ever been to Disneyworld/land?

Wishful80smontage Wed 17-Jun-15 19:52:20

Disneyland sound fab hope you have a good time op bet you're counting down the days until you go smile

buildmeabuttercup Thu 18-Jun-15 13:44:26

No I haven't but it's on my to do list for when my dd is old enough to enjoy it properly smile though Paris not florida because I'm a plane wuss!

ijustlovecake Fri 19-Jun-15 22:13:47

Thanks Wishful I can't wait!

Buttercup She (and you!) will love it smile

OneLittleLady Sun 21-Jun-15 01:01:50

hello! I went to disney world in april, my first time. i loved it. i have a 2 bed flat and a cat and i'm just finishing my first year of my degree in creative music technology. i'm writing some jingles over summer break for someone. I make my own music and i'm just looking at some vintage disney ornaments my Dp gave me

Gra74 Sun 19-Jul-15 08:09:47

I am just about to sign up to the out to do a psychology degree, feeling a bit anxious about it, any advice? Also you can't beat a Disney film my two dd and I sing the songs and still watch them now and then even though they are teens!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now