Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

CD or App to help with anxiety - any recommendations?

(8 Posts)
DingDongTheNitsHaveGone Tue 09-Jun-15 20:31:32

Can anyone recommend an App or something on i-Tunes that would be good to use for my DD who suffers from anxiety and also has autism?
There are so many that I don't know where to start - perhaps if anyone can recommend something then I would start to be able to see the woods from the trees! TIA thanks

Teladi Tue 09-Jun-15 20:34:06

I really like Buddhify, a mindfulness app. The meditation tracks are quite short and geared for heaps of different scenarios, I like the 'Walking in the City' ones the best.

DingDongTheNitsHaveGone Wed 10-Jun-15 12:25:09

Thank you - we will give Buddhify a go. I've already had a quick look and it does look good.
Any other suggestions?

TheOrchardKeeper Wed 10-Jun-15 12:36:26

I use Pacifia. It's been BRILLIANT. It's a mood tracker app that also features meditation, you can set up your own goals and customize the relaxation excercises (and they're only 5 mins each which is short enough to be useful on the go if you're having a terrible day at work etc) and it has other health tracking bits too, like making sure you get enough sleep, eat ok, get out the house etc (and you set those yourself) smile

TheOrchardKeeper Wed 10-Jun-15 12:37:33

*Pacifica grin oops.

Teladi Wed 10-Jun-15 14:37:36

TheOrchardKeeper that looks really interesting! I will check that one out!

DingDongTheNitsHaveGone Wed 10-Jun-15 15:51:42

are there any out there specifically geared towards teens?

Pacifica great too BTW - I'm going to end up using them all myself!

ALittleFaith Thu 11-Jun-15 08:28:19

Headspace is brilliant. Not aimed at teens specifically but very simple. First 10 sessions are free.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now