Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Cymbalta/duloxetine for pain/anxiety

(11 Posts)
PeterSpots Fri 05-Jun-15 13:10:56

Hello. After an extreme time of stress I started to have tingling/pressure in my face since January. I was diagnosed with a brain virus & then after asking for a second opinion I was diagnosed with TMD (face spasm in jaw/face through clenching) I had to wait 2 weeks to see two other consultants. In that time I had a reoccurance of coccyx pain (not had for 8 years) and pelvic pain (not bad for 12 years) so in the space of 3 weeks my bottom & bits are burning. I am above anxious over this. Could it all be through anxiety/stress. I'm scared to try the cymbalta but I'm scared not too. I was sort of dealing with the face but this has tipped me over the edge

PeterSpots Fri 05-Jun-15 17:24:15

Bump. Sorry I'm feeling so desperate & anxious. Doctor has prescribed 3000 of vitamin d as I'm deficient. Don't know how to cope with all three things

PeterSpots Sat 06-Jun-15 04:35:53

I don't know how to cope with all three things. I just want to walk out the door and never come back.

Loveisashadow Sat 06-Jun-15 21:43:14

I take cymbalata for fibromyalgia pain. It has worked wonders and I can do loads more. It was a gradual process and did take time to work, I had to switch dosages twice but I wouldn't be without it now. I suggest giving it a go.

PeterSpots Sun 07-Jun-15 12:18:15

Thank you for replying. What has been your symptoms for your pain? Were there any side effects? I am really struggling.

PeterSpots Sun 07-Jun-15 13:53:58

I have not had coccyx buttock pain for 10 years. What's happening to me. I have face pain, pelvic pain & now this. I don't feel like I can function anymore. Daughter is doing A levels & I just want to disappear. We are booked to go to Mexico for a 10 hour flight. I know I can stand but I can't understand why this is happening to me.

PeterSpots Sun 07-Jun-15 13:55:06

Sorry I'm just expressing how I feel. It's like I can't do it in RL anymore because my loved ones can't deal with me being upset anymore

Loveisashadow Mon 08-Jun-15 18:54:55

I had widespread pain....I can do loads now I'm taking the duolextine...give it a try, it really does make a difference.

PeterSpots Tue 09-Jun-15 09:18:18

hello, thank you. I just don't know what to do. The anxiety I have about all these symptoms have almost pushed me over the edge. I am scared that if I take the medicine even if it doesnt work I will have to take it for months. Did you have many side effects

PeterSpots Wed 10-Jun-15 07:44:07

Now my ankle hurts. What's going on. Feel like I'm in a nightmare. Haven't taken the cymbalta yet.

PeterSpots Fri 12-Jun-15 18:02:06

Bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now