Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Panicky and low

(5 Posts)
ByeByeButterfly Fri 15-May-15 11:43:59

Just don't know what I expect really.

I have had depression since 12 and been medicated for it - big bouts that lasted approximately 3 weeks but they were very bad.

I'm 25 now and have a fiancé and 2 year old DD.

I've been feeling panicky, nervous and miserable for the last 3 days and I just don't know what to do.

I hate feeling like this.

BuriedSardine Fri 15-May-15 11:48:50

I've had long-term depression too, I feel your pain. It's so bleak sometimes.

I found that talking therapy helped enormously, is that an option?

Also, you can download guided meditations on YouTube which are excellent fur queuing anxiety. Google or pm me if you want.

Otherwise, sending you a huge hug.

How's your OH? Any understanding there?

ByeByeButterfly Fri 15-May-15 11:51:30

He's understanding in that he wants to help but as luckily he's never suffered it he's not 100% sure what to do.

Will look up guided meditatiion that could be usef.

Thanks for responding.

ByeByeButterfly Fri 15-May-15 15:54:46

Told my mum who said 'you're not I'll again' very helpful, very helpful indeed.

Now I'm upset as well as panicky - why do I suck!

BuriedSardine Fri 15-May-15 17:01:06

I hate over the Internet stranger diagnoses, but your mum sounds spectacularly unhelpful.

That sort of attitude contributed to my staying undiagnosed and untreated for decades.

Make yourself the priority. Get a GP appt ASAP. Imagine what you'd tell your DD if she felt like this.

Then do that.
Take things easy,be gentle on yourself. Eat well. Don't drink. Get enough sleep and fresh air, try and go out for two hours every day, a walk will help immeasurably.

If you have a bad day, that's all it is. You are doing brilliantly posting for help, it's the biggest step. Well done.

Google mindfulness too. There are so many things to help you online.

You're not alone and you will be ok. C

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now