Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Deeper issues?

(6 Posts)
CJT11 Wed 13-May-15 12:35:57

I returned to work approx 5 months ago. DS is now 9m - in nursery 2 days a week and with my parents 3 days a week. I previously suffered depression but felt well enough to come of my tablets approx 2-3 years ago. Since having DS I had started with low feelings, insatiable anger and general not niceness. I went to my GP and explained how I felt and asked to go back on my tablets. I felt much better but now (approx 2 months on) I am obsessed (and was previously) about what my DS is doing throughout the day. Its like I can't go a day without speaking to my parents/nursery to find out how he is/what he's been doing, nor can I stop thinking about him.

Is this something deeper? Can parents get separation anxiety? Is it more than just depression and anxiety? Am I a fruitloop?!

Thanks for reading

LadyBlaBlah Wed 13-May-15 16:26:12

What is it you think might be happening to him while you are not there?

TheoriginalLEM Wed 13-May-15 16:32:12

it sounds like it is "just" anxiety. Anxiety is a complex and debilitating condition that manifests in many ways. Could you ask to be reffered for cbt?

it is natural to feel a a low level of anxiety when leaving a child to start with but if is interfering with your life it needs adressing.

Like the poster above asks - what are you worried might happen?

mrsnlw2012 Wed 13-May-15 16:56:38

Ive no idea. Not that he might be hurt or anything but that he is experiencing stuff and I'm not with huim

LadyBlaBlah Wed 13-May-15 17:08:04

Do you mean experiencing good stuff when you are not there?

And if that's the case, is it a sort of missing out feeling or FOMO as the kidz would say?

mrsnlw2012 Wed 13-May-15 17:10:12

FOMO?

Yeah it is - That I miss him doing things that he's having fun doing or experiencing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now