Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Sertraline... Results it can give?

(2 Posts)
TaintedRoseBlessing Tue 17-Feb-15 21:42:01

Hi,
First post so go easy please!
Long story but will cut to the basics- still a teen, diagnosed as having depression and anxiety. Been seeing substance misuse worker for around 6 months because of alcohol and cannabis misuse. (not sure of relevance but feel I should mention it)

Previously on citalopram but took self off it as it didn't agree with me at all. After a long and difficult process, finally got myself back to the Drs. Put on sertraline, (around 3 weeks now) and am not sure what I should be expecting and when.

Feel emotional all the time and am having horrible mood swings- incredible highs and scarily low low's. SH seems to be getting worse too, can't seem to fight the urge when I feel the need to.

i don't know of these things are connected to the medication or if my mental health is just spiralling again.

I guess I'm just looking for some encouragement to keep going or some positive and inspiring stories of sertaline working for people..

GiddyOnZackHunt Tue 17-Feb-15 21:52:18

I think it might be worth a chat with your gp. I'm on it for anxiety and depression but I have been quite calm and a lot less fragile. I haven't bounced around in my mood much. It makes me sleepy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: