Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Feel like sh*te

(3 Posts)
Carbonel Sat 14-Feb-15 16:51:50

Went shopping yesterday for 2 hours with dh then 2 hours with mother and today I have felt absolutey cr*p, with no energy to do anything. Been in tears hating myself and this 'illness'; I am letting everyone down, just want to wake up and it's all been a dream. How can doing so little have such a profound effect!? I suppose the only good thing is I don't have the energy to do anything about it!

NanaNina Sat 14-Feb-15 20:26:01

Do you mean you went shopping for a total of 4 hours yesterday? Not really surprised you have no energy but then depression saps our energy doesn't it - having shite day here too - alternated between lying under duvet, crying, lying on sofa - feel marginally better as I often improve in the evening but not a great deal today. Do you feel better at different times of the day? You aren't letting everyone down though I know only too well that this is what depression does to us - it's just another cruel twist in this fucking awful illness, which I don't think we feel when we are physically ill.

Sending you warm wishes x

Carbonel Sun 15-Feb-15 12:41:59

Thanks. Bit more of an even keel today and had a good chat with nurse from Crisis team who comes out almost daily atm. Still feel like a limp lettuce leaf but easier to handle as not supposed to be somewhere else today like I was yesterday but couldn't.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: